Saturday, September 6, 2014

Do Werk.

This week has been a whirlwind of busy- between planning for my first meeting as the President of our student organization on campus, as well as getting ready for our Fall club exhibition, things have been a little nuts. BUT- I got a few new pieces done that I'm happy to share with you.

This semester, I'm taking a Contemporary Abstraction class- I decided to look into the information we've been talking about, and applied it to my own work, which is how these 4 pieces came about. I'm planning to tweak them a little bit, and potentially add more pieces in to make a panoramic sort of image, but here's what we've got going on so far!


Here's the first piece, titled, "Dreamcatcher." Though it's small (I generally use a lot of 8x10" canvases- I really enjoy the intimacy of small paintings), I feel it holds its own as a work of art, rather than a study. I'm currently letting it dry, as I may go back into it a bit yet. Here are the rest, enjoy!

"The Tangled Web," 8x10", oil on canvas. 2014.



Untitled, oil on canvas, 2014.

Untitled, oil on canvas, 2014.
It's highly likely that I'll be going back into these pieces as I work more through this series- I'm thinking of doing ten, just so I can really work out how this applies to my work (I already know that, it's just putting it into words. See last post for my issues with that!) 

ALSO- Look for a post about the upcoming show I'm in with my fellow grad peers this week, as well as a post about my artist statement- I'M FINALLY READY TO RE-FORMAT!

This is exciting. This is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment